Call for Entries
Thanks to these sponsors of our 2015 Calendar!
2015 Calendar is Now Available for Purchase!
Photo Contest and Calendar Fundraising Project
Details for Entries
a. The image should be a well-composed photograph in keeping with high-quality standards expected in a calendar.
b. The image should be recognizable as a local, Chaffee County area scene. Wildlife, landmarks, events of local interest, and landscapes are encouraged.
People, if included, should not be the primary subject.
c. The photograph should portray the unique flavor and spirit of living in our communities and pertain to the season themes that correspond with each month of the year.
d. The photograph should, in some way, be compared to dancing. Example: The leaves on the aspen trees are like dancers in spring.
A committee of non-participating community members will select 32 photos to be displayed at High Country Bank in Buena Vista and Salida April 1-12, 2013. Twelve winning photographs will be selected by community vote.
1. The contest is open to amateur and professional photographers. Photographs must have been taken within the last three years.
2. Submitted work must include two 8 inch x 10 inch unmounted horizontal color prints.
All prints should be of superior quality on photo paper and include a CD with the file in JPG format between 300 and 350 dpi at an 8 inch x10 inch size. Black-and-white, vertical, or date-stamped images will not be considered. Images that have been enhanced by removing scratches or dust, or by making slight alterations that have traditionally been made by filters or in the printing process, may be entered, but photos that have been significantly altered will not be considered.
3. Entrants are limited to two submissions. ALL SUBMISSIONS FOR 2014 CALENDAR ARE DUE BY 4:00 P.M. FRIDAY, MARCH 1ST, 2013.
4. All photos must have an entry form attached to the back. Photocopied forms are permitted. Once the contest is over, photos and other submitted materials will be available for pickup at AVMAD Dances. If you want your photos returned by mail, include a large self-addressed, stamped envelope that includes sufficient postage for mailing all the materials you submitted.
5. Photographers must provide a brief biography in first person narrative (up to 90 words) and a personal photo at the time of entry. Personal photo should be included on the CD with submitted photo(s) and should be at least 300 dpi in JPG format. The personal photos and biographies of the 12 winners will be printed in the calendar.
6. All 12 winners will receive five copies of the calendar and publicity in The Chaffee County Times, The Mountain Mail, and The Herald Democrat. Their names, biographies, and personal photos will appear in the calendar.
7. Photographs must be the original work of the person submitting the photograph and may not be copyrighted by any entities other than the entrant. All photos and CDs will be returned to the photographers, but Arkansas Valley Music and Dance retains the right to reproduce and display the winning entries for promotional purposes (including publication in the 2014 Chaffee County Dances Community Calendar) and printer will retain digital art for possible future use.
8. Entries must be submitted to one of the following:
Mail: AVMAD, P.O. Bos135, Buena Vista, CO 81211
In person (no mail to this address): Connie Wright, 13 Park Lane, Buena Vista, CO 81211 (Call ahead: 719-395-8386)
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE PHOTO CONTEST
Call Ron: 719-836-4477 or Connie: 719-395-8386
OR email Ron (by clicking on his name)